Thursday, November 12, 2009

A theory for why Lou Dobbs quit

Might it be that Univision is nipping at NBC's heels in primetime ratings? They're taking away our TV jobs! Okay, maybe not really, but it is pretty stunning. NBC has gone from being #1 to knocking elbows with the CW and Spanish-language TV in just a few years Then again, it's not hard to see why people aren't tuning in to a jam-packed lineup of Heroes, Trauma and Leno every Monday.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.