Sunday, December 30, 2007

Edwards fever

Or so says Political Wire. I don't much like the guy, but I like his positions and his political style. I suppose I'm in the anybody-but-Clinton camp, but I would pick her over any of the Republicans in a second.

I have to say that I'm really excited about the Iowa Caucuses this year, and that even though I'd say I'm quite well informed on the subject I simply have no idea how it's all going to turn out. I do have a suspicion that, if Hillary Clinton doesn't win a landslide victory it's going to be played as a big defeat for her in the media, and I'd say the odds of her winning an Iowa landslide are quite low at this point.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.