Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A post about John McCain turns into a rant against moneycons

No, John, you're supposed to break with the moneycons and stay broken up with them. That's what I've been saying! You're halfway there! Those guys are jackasses and the least you can leave your party after your sure to fail presidential run--which, by the way, is getting progressively nastier and will likely erode any affection the public has for you by making you seem like a mean old crank--is to cut assholes like Grover Norquist and Pat Toomey loose from your party.

Okay, the neocons are worse. Okay, no they're not. The neocons get us to fight disastrous wars, but the moneycons make it impossible to actually govern the country with their wrongheaded theories on money (like supply-siderism) and are ground zero for the evisceration of the middle class. These are bad dudes, and it's not even like most Republicans believe their trash. Come on, Johnny! Do something worthwhile for once in your lifetime!

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.