Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Extended primaries not helping

Amen. Truth be told Clinton's behavior hasn't been that bad in the few days, in spite of her numbers slipping in Pennsylvania. And Obama has been engaging more with McCain anyway in the past few days, which is better than internecine fighting. Here's hoping that these trends in Pennsylvania continue--an Obama victory there would be a huge story, would secure the nod and provide an incredible amount of momentum going forward into the general election.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Clinton throwing the Pennsylvania contest might be best for everyone. It's not like her campaign isn't having money problems, or that the delegate math isn't forbidding, or that the polls seem to consistently be favoring Obama these days, and a huge comeback for Obama like this sets him up well for the general election. She, on the other hand, gets to exit gracefully without any questions being asked, and prepare for her next job, whatever that might be. Maybe it's sinking in that she's not going to win, but the past few days have felt as though she has been easing off the gas just a bit. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.