Thursday, July 30, 2009

Earth to McCarthy

Larry "whitey tape" Johnson isn't exactly a reputable source. That would be like a Democrat pretending that Oliver Stone is some sort of respected political source.

Heck, McCarthy isn't even a respected public figure. He totally sucked in Less Than Zero. That was all Robert Downey Jr.

(P.S. Of course I know that it's not the same guy. But I think that National Review would probably be more respected if they fired this McCarthy and hired the ex-Brat Packer, and just hoped nobody would notice. That would solve all their problems--you're welcome, NR! Of course, I have no idea of the thespian McCarthy's politics.)

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.