Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tell us what you really think, Bill Donahue

The Catholic pooh-bah unloads: "Catholics were once the mainstay of the Democratic Party; now the gay activists are in charge...The culture war is up for grabs. The good news is that religious conservatives continue to breed like rabbits, while secular saboteurs have shut down: they're too busy walking their dogs, going to bathhouses and aborting their kids."

But all those kids are growing up to be Democrats these days, and that's no doubt due in some part to the sort of mentality that could write something like this. Keep up the good work Bill, you're helping us out like gangbusters. Oh, and the reason why liberals are so derisive of Sarah Palin is because we'll afraid she'll win. For sure.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.