Wednesday, June 18, 2008

McCain is the new Hillary

Well, at least in terms of being bitter about having superior qualifications and media attention and not having it handed to them. Obviously, there are many other similarities as well, but it seems pointless to catalog them all.

I just find it baffling that McCain seems to want to run pages from the (failed) Clinton playbook. It's actually quite indicative of his personal philosophy--what he's doing is definitionally correct, and if it's failing it's because it's not being done enough. From everything from campaign strategy to war, it's his signature approach to life. And it scares me.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.