Thursday, August 20, 2009

They have to fight it over there so that it doesn't come over here

I'll say this for the right: they're ambitious. Evidently fighting socialized medicine at home isn't enough--now they're fighting it abroad as well. I'm sure the people of Canada will appreciate what they've done and greet them as liberators, with mounty hats and Kids In The Hall DVDs just strewn about the streets in celebration.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.