Friday, May 30, 2008

Ferraro

Steve Benen on Geraldine Ferraro:
Over the course of the last year, some political figures have seen their stature and reputation rise, and others have seen the opposite. I feel confident that no one has done more to ruin their standing and eminence than Geraldine Ferraro. She’s just completely fallen apart, and has fallen so far from her role as a respected party leader. How sad.
It's sad. But Clinton supporters who feel that they've gotten a bum deal need to take a reality check. Ferraro's remarks were at least tacitly backed by the Clinton campaign for a time, and I find it difficult to think of an analogous supporter of Obama who said the equivalent things about Clinton's gender, let alone one that stuck around until the heat got too bad.

John Cole's response to the latest round of Ferrtardation is a bit more pungent:
I was only 14 at the time when she ran in 84- was she always this damned stupid?
I couldn't say, but I'm guessing yes.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.