Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weird

Did she really say this? Boy, the Clintons have sure proven themselves to be pretty tone deaf when it comes to race relations in this election. Considering how aptly they handled themselves in this area in earlier campaigns, one can only come to the conclusion that it's all intentional. I'm more willing to believe Hillary Clinton thinks I'm stupid than to believe that she's stupid.

The quote aside, I can't help but notice that when people ask her if she's dropping out of the race, she says no, and that she'd be a stronger candidate against John McCain. In the words of the Vietnamese general, that may be true but it is also irrelevant. These things are decided based on delegates, Hillary. Not because you feel in your heart that you would be a better candidate. Sure, superdelegates will consider electability, but in and of itself it ain't enough to overturn the will of the people. I'm really getting tired of this woman. When's the general election again?

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.