Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oh, noooooooo! It's President Bill!

This election has lowered my opinion of Hillary Clinton (just a little bit!) but it has been even worse for Bill Clinton. Put simply, I hate him. He has been a force for evil throughout this election, whether it be for making borderline racist comments after South Carolina, exploding in California after Bill Richardson endorsed Barack Obama, or any number of ultraemotional/cranky outbursts that give the unmistakable impression that, while Hillary might actually want to govern well, Bill just only cares about maintaining his alpha-dog status. And this makes me far less sympathetic to Hillary's campaign (as though any help were needed for that!).

Still, I find it hard to believe that Bill Clinton, who was once our leader, would spout such insane utterances as these. Sullivan's analysis is just right: it's purely paranoid. It's almost as if they believe that they are the victims of some sort of vast...conspiracy. But that can't be right.

Poor Bill. Heavy lies the head that...is trying...to get the crown...for someone else, all the while torpedoing her chances. Hell, were it not for Bill's dumbass comments after South Carolina, she might have done better with Blacks and won the nomination. I get the feeling that the Clintons' breakfast conversations are going to get a bit more chilly in about two weeks. I'm guessing they're not exactly cozy under the best circumstances.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.