Sunday, May 25, 2008

He's evil

Any doubts as to Terry McAuliffe's evilness ought to be put to rest by this:
"The Obama campaign ... tried to take these words out of context," Clinton campaign chairman Terence R. McAuliffe said on "Fox News Sunday." "She was making a point merely about the time line."
So much to unpack here--the venue (yeah, go on Fox News to slime another Democrat), the outright bullshit becaues Obama himself refused to make an issue of this (more than can be said when Obama made a similarly embarrassing remark before Pennsylvania). What is the point of remarks like this, other than to fan the flames of Clinton's supporters in order to make them more reticent to support the eventual nominee? To make it seem like it was Obama's shop, rather than the media in general, that amplified these remarks?

I'll be glad to see the Clintons gone in a few weeks, but I'll be even more happy to see the terrible, terrible staffers she's surrounded herself with gone.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.