Monday, March 24, 2008

Ambinder critiques the notion that Clinton ought to just drop out

here. And it's reasonably compelling. I'm more than ready for this whole thing to be over, and given the circumstances there really doesn't seem to be a point for Clinton's continued presence in the race, but Ambinder makes a few good points. I do think that the Clintons are hoping that Obama trips up somehow, but he's just managed to effectively handle the very dicey crisis with his pastor. Hopefully superdelegates have seen this and are more inclined to bring the process to an end.

One does still wonder where the establishment is in all of this: Ambinder correctly notes that if Pelosi, Reid, et al., broke for Obama Clinton's campaign would be finished.

The Man, The Myth, The Bio

East Bay, California, United States
Problem: I have lots of opinions on politics and culture that I need to vent. If I do not do this I will wind up muttering to myself, and that's only like one or two steps away from being a hobo. Solution: I write two blogs. A political blog that has some evident sympathies (pro-Obama, mostly liberal though I dissent on some issues, like guns and trade) and a culture blog that does, well, cultural essays in a more long-form manner. My particular thing is taking overrated things (movies, mostly, but other things too) down a peg and putting underrated things up a peg. I'm sort of the court of last resort, and I tend to focus on more obscure cultural phenomena.